Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Now we look forward with confidence to our heavenly bodies, realizing that every moment we spend in these earthly bodies is time spent away from our eternal home in heaven with Jesus. We know these things are true by believing, not by seeing. And we are not afraid, but are quite content to die, for then we will be at home with the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:6-8
The Living Bible

I am happy to be a Christian. I am happy to have a savior that gave the ultimate sacrifice for my sins. I believe in heaven and hell, and I pray every night that I will go to heaven so I can see all of those who are not here anymore.

Having said that, I'm not always comforted by the last statement. Sometimes I would just rather have that person here. Maybe I'm selfish. I don't know. Today marks the 3 year anniversary of my Grandma's passing (one of the reasons this month blows). The bible verse above was on the page where her bookmark was in her bible. So I guess I can take a little comfort in knowing she was ready.

That doesn't change the fact that I couldn't call her when Quinton proposed to me, I will never have a picture of the two of us together on my wedding day, and she will not get to hold my babies. I do still love when people introduce me as "Marilyn Hanson's granddaughter". I personally think it is the greatest compliment anyone can give me.

One of the most beautiful women I know
  

No comments:

Post a Comment